Clear Sky
Current Memphis Weather
MLGW Home Page
Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Facebook Read our most recent blog Watch us on YouTube Connect with us on Instagram
| | | | | | |


Shelby County Community Services Agency (CSA)Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) eligible households can receive up to $1000 once per program year. To qualify for Regular Assistance, you must be a resident of Shelby County with income at or below 150% Federal Poverty Guidelines and an active utility account. If you qualify for Regular Assistance above AND you received a cut-off notice, you may qualify for Emergency Assistance. To qualify, ONE of the below must also apply to your household:

  • At least one household member is 60 years of age or over or;
  • At least one household member is 5 years of age or younger;
  • At least one household member has a disability or;
  • The household has experienced an uncontrollable circumstance

You can apply online at if you have applied for assistance with CSA within the past 2 years and services are active and you do not have a disconnect notice

Shelby County Community Services Agency has relocated its offices to 1188 Minna Place, Memphis TN 38104. For questions or additional information visit or call (901)222-4200.

Low Income Household Water Assistance Program

Households who are seeking help with their current utility bill can apply for assistance with their water charges/fees connected to their utility account.

The Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association (MIFA) provides one-time, emergency utility assistance through MLGW’s Plus-1 and Memphis Emergency Assistance programs. Applicants must live in Shelby County and may be eligible for assistance once a year after proving a crisis occurred within the last 90 days. Eligibility is not based on income, but preference is given to those off work for medical reasons.  Applicants must provide proof that they can cover the remainder of the bill.  Apply All MIFA Emergency Services (ES) inquiries, (telephonic and email) will be centralized to the new ES Helpdesk: or (901) 529-4538. MIFA will have someone  respond with a call or an email within  2 business days. There is also an option to receive assistance with an application if  having difficulty accessing or completing one online.

The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers utility assistance to residents of Memphis when funding is available. Contact the society at 722-4703 or 274-2137.

The Millington Crisis Center Ministry offers emergency utility assistance when funding is available. Contact them at 872-4357. 

The Navy – Marine Corps Relief Society – NSA – Mid-South Base – Emergency Financial Assistance provides utility and other assistance for active duty and retired military personnel, their widows and spouses with power of attorney. (Services are also provided for: Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance.) Call 874-7350 or visit for information. 

The Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee offers utility assistance (up to $100) for sickle cell patients. Note: funds are available for sickle cell patients, persons with the trait only are not eligible for assistance. Call 552-4267 for help.