The overall guiding principle of the Council is that it is an advisory body which is representative of the community. The ultimate responsibility for the administration and management, operation and the long-range planning of the Division rests with the executive staff of Memphis Light, Gas and Water.
The ultimate responsibility for establishing policy for MLGW rests with the MLGW Board of Commissioners. The Advisory Council is intended to provide additional community resource and perspective.
Members of the Council should reflect the diversity of the community.
- The Council will meet four (4) times each year.
- No reimbursement for any expenses associated with or resulting from service on the advisory council will be permitted.
Council Roles and Responsibilities
- To serve as a resource to top management.
- To provide insight on a particular proposition, project or policy request (focus group or sounding board).
- To review and advise on major objectives and policies.
- To supplement management's perspective and information on major issues within community (may offer alternative approaches, concepts, viewpoints on assumptions, opportunities and threats).
- Members will not be asked to commit resources other than their own knowledge, perspective, contacts and time.
- George Barnes, Professional Engineer
- Angelia Allen, United Way of the Mid-South
- Jozelle Booker, MidSouth Minority Business Council
- Chere' Bradshaw, Community Alliance for the Homeless
- Mark Brown, City of Bartlett
- Kim Daugherty, Aging Commission of the Mid-South
- Robert Fockler, Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
- Stephanie Gonzalez, Cooper Young Community Association
- Kelley Henderson, Catholic Charities of West Tennessee
- Stanley Hyland, University of Memphis (Retired)
- Dora Ivey, Aging Commission of the Mid-South (retired)
- Ephie Johnson, Neighborhood Christian Center
- Kim Jones, Memphis Leadership Foundation
- Stan Joyner, Mayor of Collierville
- Kanette Keough, Home Builders Association
- Sara Lewis, Community Representative
- Arnetta Macklin, MIFA
- Bo Mills, City of Germantown
- Deveney Perry, BLDG Memphis (Build. Live. Develop. Grow.)
- Richard Ranta, University of Memphis (Retired)
- Kevyanna Rawls, Latino Memphis
- Yolanda Shegog-Wright, Tennessee of Department of Human Services
- Katie Shotts, Memphis Area Association of REALTORS
- Louise Smith, Shelby County Community Service Agency (Retired)
- Vickie Terry, NAACP
- Keisha Walker, Memphis Housing Authority
- Regina Walker, United Way (Retired)
- Bobby White, Memphis Regional Chamber
- Cherry Whitehead Thompson. Shelby County Community Service Agency