MLGW's Commercial and Residential Engineering Department handles the utility needs for homebuilders, developers and commercial contractors. The department manages all customer utility requests from the project's conception through construction to provide reliable, cost-effective utility design.
Each area listed below is distinctively organized to meet all of our customers' design requests.
Click on links to find information and online forms that will help assist you with the utility request process.
- Builder Services Center - Functions as the single point of contact for all residential and commercial builders. All utility service requests for homebuilders, commercial contractors and existing customers are initiated in this area.
- Land and Mapping - Functions as the single point of contact for customers who need to obtain property or service addresses. Address Certificates are provided to customers for proof of address and for obtaining permits from code enforcement agencies. For land and utility maps please contact Corporate Communications-Public Records Department (901) 528-4557.
- Residential Engineering - Functions as the single point of contact for all residential developers. All utility service requests for subdivisions, apartments, private developments, ect. are initiated in this area.
- Customer Engineering - Functions as the design area for residential and commercial service requests. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, new commercial and residential service, added load requests, as well as relocation of existing utilities.
- Check the status of an Existing Work Request
Brochures and Supporting Documents:
- MLGW Incentive Policies for Housing and Economic Development
- MLGW Telephone Directory for Contractors
- Obtaining Utility Service For Commercial & Industrial Developments
- Residential Development Guide
Schedule of Charges:
Service Policy Manual: