Memphis is home to many unique treasures, but perhaps one of the most vital and coveted is its magnificent drinking water. Few cities in the world can boast water that is as pure, refreshing and tasteful as that found in our own hometown. While most of the world's drinking water originates from surface lakes, streams and rivers, Memphians enjoy the unique privilege of water derived from the Memphis Sands aquifer.
This subterranean treasure contains more than 100 trillion gallons of rainwater that some experts believe fell more than 2000 years ago. The pristine nature of this water springs from a natural filtration system of alternating layers of clay, sand and gravel that sift out the impurities.
- 2015 Water Quality Report | en español
- 2014 Water Quality Report | en español
- 2014 Water Quality Table
- 2013 Water Quality Report | en español
- 2013 Water Quality Table
- 2012 Water Quality Report | en español
- 2012 Water Quality Table
- 2011 Water Quality Report
- 2011 Water Quality Table
- 2010 Water Quality Report
- 2010 Water Quality Table