The MLGW Economic Development Department's focus is to increase wealth (economic development) and growth in our community by providing power resources and provide electricity more economically to our business customers. MLGW Economic Development department provides new and expanding industries in our service area all existing and future utility needs.
Economic Development Representatives work with other MLGW Departments of Engineers, Logistics, Customer Service, and other Divisions providing our deep knowledge and expertise for businesses. We are a vital entity as a member of the Greater Memphis Chamber’s, “One- Stop- Shop” relocation team streamlining access to our partners.
Phone: (901) 528-4228 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Memphis Chamber
- Memphis and Shelby County Economic Development Growth Engine (EDGE)
- Mid-South Minority Business Continuum (MMBC)
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development (TNECD)
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Economic Development Team
- University of Memphis (U of M) Economic Development and Government Relations
- University of Memphis (U of M) Office of Corporate Partnerships
- University of Tennessee Center for Industrial Services (UT CIS)
- Workforce Investment Network (WIN)
One-Stop-Shop provides companies with all the resources needed to access all our partners.
- Customized, research-based insights on workforce and local market evaluations
- Connections to government, community, organization executives in your industry
- Potential land or buildings that meet your requirements
- Planning and coordination of a unique itinerary for your on-theground evaluations
- Regulatory and permit assistance
- Confidentiality from start to finish on existing and relocation businesses
Valley Incentive Programs:
MLGW and TVA offer a unique range of economic incentives that will benefit your project from start-up to long-term success in the Valley. Valley Incentive Programs consider both economic and power system metrics to create a profile of your company’s value to the region, and that, in turn, determines appropriate funding levels. Our goal is to treat you like a VIP by demonstrating concrete benefits now and for multiple years into the future.
For more information, please visit tvasites.com/Business-Benefits/Incentives.aspx