Local Lowe’s Stores Team with MLGW for Awareness Campaign Friday
Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division and Lowe’s Home Improvement Stores in Shelby County are teaming up to promote natural gas safety awareness on Friday, March 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
On MLGW’s Natural Gas Safety Awareness Day, the Division’s Gas Engineering employees will staff display tables at several Lowe’s locations to provide information on natural gas safety, which is especially relevant in the springtime. That’s the season when many homeowners and contractors engage in digging, excavating, landscaping and gardening, as well as home and business construction projects. Natural gas safety is also very important in light of recent deadly gas explosions like the one in New York City two weeks ago. There will also be information available to Lowe’s visitors about Tennessee One Call, the national 811 safe digging hotline and the “Call Before You Dig” law.
There will also be information on:
- Damage prevention awareness
- Leak recognition and response
- Awareness of hazards and prevention measures
- Pipeline purpose and reliability
One-call requirements for transmission pipelines
Below is a list of participating Lowe’s locations:
- 430 Germantown Parkway, Cordova TN
- 585 N. Perkins Road, Memphis, TN
- 8490 Highway 51 North, Millington TN
- 8300 Highway 64, Bartlett TN
- 425 New Byhalia Road, Collierville TN
- 7895 Winchester Road, Memphis TN
MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 421,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.