MLGW is always prepared to deal with weather-related outages and work around the clock if needed. MLGW crews prepare for cold weather by tracking the weather, having additional crews on standby, and ensuring equipment and vehicles are equipped with necessary tools.
MLGW has a preparedness guide for customers on mlgw.com, with tips and general information to get ready for any weather emergency: http://www.mlgw.com/images/content/files/pdf/StormPrep.pdf. If customers have an outage, they can report it by calling 544-6500.
• Seal cracks and gaps around windows and doors.
• Caulk, spray foam and weatherstripping can all be used to seal up cracks and gaps.
• A door sweep or rolled up old blanket will help block drafts at a doorway.
• Window insulation kits help block drafts from windows.
• Lower the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees.
• Lower your thermostat to 68° in winter months. (Turn your thermostat 7 – 10° lower at night, or when you are away, and you can save as much as 10% on your utility bill each year.) Find more conservation tips online: https://www.mlgw.com/wintertips , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX1e3lMSl5M
Follow MLGW on social media for outage updates: Twitter @mlgw, Instagram @mlgwofficial
MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 437,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.