Homeowners with qualified incomes who need weatherization and energy-efficiency repairs should apply for the MLGW Share the Pennies Home Weatherization Program. The work includes attic insulation, window replacement, air sealing and other energy-saving repairs. Homeowners can apply online at MIFA.org/sharethepennies starting at 8 a.m. on Jan. 24. Due to the expected high demand, completed applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until program capacity is reached. Customers without online access should call 901-529-4569 when the intake process opens to leave their contact information. No in-person applications will be accepted.
MLGW customers who are Shelby County homeowners are eligible for the program if they meet all the qualifications:
· Home is listed in the applicant’s name
· Homeowner is 18 years or older
· Applicant lives in the home to be repaired
· Applicant’s household income meets 200% of the
Federal Poverty level
· Active utility account is in the applicant’s name with no diversion within the last seven years and no bad debt owed to MLGW
· Current on the previous year’s City and County property taxes for the home you live in
· Must not have received assistance from any MLGW weatherization grant programs within the past four years
See a list of complete repairs and specific income guidelines at MIFA.org/sharethepennies. MLGW customers fund the Share the Pennies program by rounding up their utility bills to the following whole dollar amount. Since 2018, the program has helped over 740 customers with repairs.
MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 440,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.