Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division will host several community workshops to better prepare customers for weather-related emergencies. These Safety in Preparedness Program (SiPP) workshops will provide the tools necessary to create severe weather emergency plans.
Attendees of the free SiPP workshops will receive an emergency hand-cranked weather radio, MLGW energy kit, gas detection cards and more; they are scheduled for the following dates, times and locations:
· Thursday, September 21, 2023, 1-2 p.m., Lester Community Center, 317 Tillman Street
· Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10 a.m.-noon, Pine Hill Community Center, 1005 Alice Avenue
· Thursday, September 28, 2023, 4-6 p.m., Collierville Public Library, 501 Poplar View Parkway
· Monday, October 2, 2023, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Linda Kerley Center, 175 W. Poplar Ave, Collierville
· Monday, October 9, 2023, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Bartlett Senior Center, 5727 Woodlawn Street
· Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 5-6:30 p.m., Whitehaven Community Center, 4318 Graceland Drive, Memphis, TN 38116
Memphis Light, Gas and Water is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving the residents of Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee since 1939. MLGW consistently provides customers with rates that are amongst the lowest in the nation and stewards a water supply from artesian wells that is minimally treated. Actively engaged in promoting the prosperity of Memphis and Shelby County, MLGW supports the seven local chambers in its service area and makes doing business with local, minority- and women-owned business a priority. Deeply rooted in the community, its employees generously donate time and money in support of bettering the Greater Memphis area.