MEMPHIS
74°
Tuesday
Clear Sky
Current Memphis Weather
MLGW Home Page
Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Facebook Read our most recent blog Watch us on YouTube Connect with us on Instagram
Back to Home Page
News... / 
MLGW News Release
 
Day 4 of ice storm restoration efforts
February 6, 2022

Disconnects halted until further notice

(February 6, 2022 – 6:30 p.m.) As the number of power outages drops, the difficulty of restoration increases for Memphis Light, Gas and Water crews. Utility leadership expects to have power restored to at least 90% of all MLGW customers who can take power by Monday, 11:59 p.m., February 7. For the remaining 10%, it may be Thursday before restoration is complete.

There are around 2,000 single customer outages which usually means service is down at the home. Customers who notice damage at their meter center should contact an electrician for repairs now, so when MLGW crews arrive, there is no delay in hooking up power. Details about meter centers are available online here: Weathering Nature’s Fury.

Memphis Light, Gas and Water is also working with the local schools that remain without power so administrators can create a plan for tomorrow. The utility has crews working all over Memphis and Shelby County around the clock. Customers can find a map of where crews are working at MLGW.com.

Customers are asked to download the MLGW app and sign up for the My Account program. This allows them to report and track outages, sign up for text alerts, handle billing issues, monitor usage and more.

Important MLGW contact information for customers:

• Electric Outage Reporting: 544-6500

• Emergencies: 528-4465 (for electrical lines down, gas leaks, broken water mains inside a building)

• Online Outage Center: mlgw.com/home/outagecenter

The City of Memphis is operating a warming center at the Hickory Hill Community Center, 3910 Ridgeway Rd. It will close tomorrow morning and reopen Monday night. For transportation to the Center call the Office of Emergency Management at (901) 297-1680.

 

MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 437,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.

follow us on twitter Friend us on facebook Follow our Blog Join our channel on YouTube MLGW on Instagram