MEMPHIS
73°
Tuesday
Clouds/Overcast
Current Memphis Weather
MLGW Home Page
Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Facebook Read our most recent blog Watch us on YouTube Connect with us on Instagram
Back to Home Page
News... / 
MLGW News Release
 
Day 5 of ice storm restoration efforts
February 7, 2022
Press conference February 8 at 3 p.m.

Emergency code enforcement procedures in place (February 7, 2022 – 8 p.m.)

Restoration remains a dynamic situation and the February 3 storm is the third worst in recent history. Utility leadership expects to have power restored to at least 90% of all MLGW customers who can take power by 11:59 p.m., Monday night. For the remaining 10%, work will continue 24/7 this week to get everyone back on.

Customers who are listed as a single customer outage or notice damage at their meter center should contact an electrician for repairs.

Code enforcement has emergency procedures in place to permit temporary service pending an inspection. Memphis Light, Gas and Water has crews working all over Memphis and Shelby County around the clock. Customers can find a map of where crews are working at MLGW.com. Disconnects for non-payment are suspended until further notice.

Join us for a press conference via Zoom for more updates on outages and restoration efforts on Tuesday, February 8 at 3 p.m.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://mlgw.zoom.us/j/94638778793 OR dial +1 312 626 6799; +1 646 876 9923; +1 301 715 8592; +1 346 248 7799; +1 669 900 6833; +1 253 215 8782. Meeting ID: 946 3877 8793

Customers are asked to download the MLGW app and sign up for the My Account program to report and track outages, sign up for text alerts, handle billing issues, monitor usage and more.

Disconnections for non-payment have been suspended until further notice.

The MLGW Emergency Response Dashboard is available at mlgw.com/home/ice-storm-update-dashboard2022/.

Important MLGW contact information for customers: • Electric Outage Reporting: 544-6500

 

MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 437,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.

follow us on twitter Friend us on facebook Follow our Blog Join our channel on YouTube MLGW on Instagram