Customers urged to take precautions for extended low temps
Approximately 500 Memphis Light, Gas and Water customers are without power, with about 41 new outages overnight. Eleven contract crews from middle and east Tennessee, 40 MLGW crews and 32 local tree trimming crews will work quickly and safely until all customers are restored.
Additional wintry mix is moving in tomorrow with significant snow accumulations Monday. Temperatures are forecasted to be below freezing throughout the week. Customers are strongly encouraged to let inside faucets run in a small, steady stream and to open cabinet doors leading to faucets. Outside faucets should be covered and insulated.
Important MLGW contact information for customers:
· Outage Reporting: 544-6500
· Emergency: 528-4465 (This number should be treated like 911. Use it to report gas leaks and downed electrical lines.)
· Customer Care Center: 544-6549
· Online Outage Center: mlgw.com/home/outagecenter
· Winter One Stop: mlgw.com/residential/wintertips
MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 429,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.