Current Memphis Weather
MLGW Home Page
Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Facebook Read our most recent blog Watch us on YouTube Connect with us on Instagram
| | | | | | |


In compliance with our Customer Care Policy, Memphis Light, Gas and Water customers are required to complete a service agreement. All service agreements must be completed in its entirety. Residential and General Power customers that are sole proprietors, limited partners or other business types must submit copies of two forms of valid identification, one of which must be a discernible picture identification. Corporations must complete a corporate resolution form. All companies may complete an optional Designated Agent form.

The service agreement must be returned to:
MLGW Credit Operations
Room AB231
Post Office Box 430
Memphis, TN 38101

The name entered on the service agreement must be the same as displayed on the utility bill. If the name on the billing is incorrect, please contact us using one of the quick access codes below or visit one of our five community offices to make the correction. Failure to return and have approved the completed service agreement may result in termination of the conditional utility service provided to you by MLGW.

The service agreement is assurance that you agree to pay for service(s) as measured by MLGW's metering devices in accordance with the applicable rates and charges for any account in your name.

The Residential Service Agreement and/or General Power Service agreement is required in addition to any other service agreements.

Residential Customers: (901) 544-6549

To submit your Residential Service Agreement online, Login to your My Account and click on ‘Accounts’, then click on the ‘Service Agreement’ Button.

Click Here to download the Residential Service agreement. Complete and return the form to MLGW as per the instructions on the agreement.


General Power Customers: (901) 544-6549

Note: Two pieces of ID are required with the completed service agreement.
Acceptable IDs include:

  • Valid driver's license or Tennessee Drivers Certificate
  • Official state ID card (issued by State as ID in place of driver's license)
  • Federal identification card (passport and/or visa, alien registration card
  • Military discharge papers
  • Voter's registration card
  • Social security card
  • A certified copy of the birth certificate
  • IRS individual taxpayer identification number card