MEMPHIS
57°
Wednesday
Clear Sky
Current Memphis Weather
MLGW Home Page
Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Facebook Read our most recent blog Watch us on YouTube Connect with us on Instagram
Customers must request a deferred payment plan before their services are disconnected.

Disclaimer:
Applying for a Deferred Payment Plan is not a guarantee of approval to participate in the plan.
MLGW reserves the right to deny participation in accordance with MLGW policy and procedure.



Commercial Customers contact the Business Solutions Center
901-528-4270 / mlgwBSC@mlgw.org



 Requests will take minimum 48 hours to process

Residential
 

The Deferred Payment Plan is designed to assist the Customer of Record, Spouse listed on the account, Co-Applicant or a Customer’s Authorized Representative to pay off a large past due balance.

  • Customer must have an updated/approved RSA on file at MLGW
     
  • Customer will be required to pay 25% of the total balance due prior to entering the DEFB plan. The remaining balance (75%) of the total amount due will then be set up in installment payments for no more than ten (10) months. In addition to the 25% of the remaining balance, customer must pay 75% of a dismissed bankruptcy amount.
     
  • If the Customer fails to pay their current utility bill including the DEFB installment amount, their utility service will be subject to disconnection.
     
  • While on the DEFB Plan, the customer agrees to pay the current utility bill by the due date along with the installment amount. If the customer’s utility services are terminated for any reason, the entire balance, including the deferred amount, will come due on the current utility bill. A bad check, a check written on a closed account, or failure to comply with the DEFB plan will cancel the agreement and cause the deferred amount to come due on the current utility bill.
     
  • Customers are eligible for another Deferred Payment Plan after they complete the final payment on their preceding DEFB.
 

Details:

Customer eligibility requirements and conditions for a Deferred Payment Plan:

a) Deferred Payment Plans will only be granted to the Customer of Record, the spouse listed on the account, Co-Applicant or a Customer’s Authorized Representative.

b) Customer must have an updated/approved RSA on file before receiving a Deferred Payment Plan.

c) Customers who are actively enrolled in OnTrack, Budget Billing, PrePay or NetPay programs are not eligible for a Deferred Payment Plan (DEFB). Additionally, Customers who are currently on a Deferred Payment Plan (DEFB) are not eligible for another DEFB at the same time.

d) Customers eligibility is also subject to reason for the outstanding indebtedness; and other relevant factors relating to the circumstances of the Customer or metered services (ex. transfer in, moratorium, faulty equipment, water leak, OnTrack and Budget Billing).

e) Minimum payments required to enter a Deferred Payment Plan (DEFB)

  • Any amount over $500.00, but less than $2500.00 can be set up to be paid over no more than ten (10) months. A minimum payment equal to 25% of the total balance due is required at the time of entering the Deferred Payment Plan.
  • The minimum payment due at the time of entering into the agreement of the Deferred Payment Plan must reduce the outstanding balance to $1999.99 or less.

f) Customer must pay a minimum of 25% of the total amount due at the time of entering into the agreement of the Deferred Payment Plan. The remaining balance (75%) of the total amount due will then be set up in installment payments over a ten (10) month period.

g) Customer is required to pay the Deferred Payment Plan according to the specified terms. Customer will pay all future bills for utility service in addition to the DEFB installment amount by the due date on the utility bill until the final DEFB payment is completed.

h) If Customer fails to pay their current utility bill including the DEFB installment amount, their utility service will be subject to disconnection. If utility service is disconnected, the Customer must pay their account to the minimum balance threshold before service reconnection. The Deferred Payment Plan will be forfeited and the DEFB balance will be due on the following month’s utility bill.

i) If any payment is returned due to insufficient funds, the returned payment amount plus 25% of the total bill must be paid before a Deferred Payment Plan will be granted.

j) Customer must pay 75% of any arrears balance derived from a dismissed bankruptcy.

k) Customers are eligible for another Deferred Payment Plan after they complete final payment on their preceding DEFB.

l) Customers are eligible for a Deferred Payment Plan (DEFB) while participating in a Payment Arrangement