Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure are coming
In 2006, the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Board of Commissioners and the Memphis City Council passed resolutions of support for the Plug-In Memphis Partners Campaign.
Plug-In Memphis and other Plug-In partners across the United States have met the goal of helping build a market for Plug-In Hybrid Electric and Electric vehicles (PHEVs). Through a collaborative effort with utilities, manufacturers, the technical and environmental communities and legislators, Partners have demonstrated to automakers that the market exists today for PHEVs and electric vehicles.
Stay abreast with new developments and legislation for Plug-Ins:
- Plug-in electric car sales to double in 2018: predictions
- Electric cars will fuel huge demand for power, says National Grid
- Volkswagen says it can "Stop" Tesla with its "Abilities Tesla does not have"
- US Electric Car Sales Up 59% In January 2017
- 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Outsells Tesla Models, Chevy Bolt, Leaf, i3, Other EVs
- Chevy touts Bolt EV as electric car for anyone
- Pilot production of Tesla Model 3 to start Feb 20: report
- Power to the EV: Norway spearheads Europe's electric vehicle surge
- Federal Highway Administation Unveils National 'Alternative Fueld and Electric Charging Network
Plug-In Legislation and Incentives
- TDEC Electric Vehicle Rebate (UPDATED)
- When Do Electric-Car Tax Credits Expire? (UPDATED)
- State Efforts to Promote EVs and Hybrids
- Electric Vehicle Incentives Around the World
- IRS: Energy Incentives for Individuals: Questions and Answers (scroll down to see the EV questions)
- Federal and State: Laws and Incentives for Alternative Fuels and Vehicles
- Electric-car charging station safety: what you need to know
- Plug-In Electric School Bus
- Study: Consumers Ready to Buy EVs If Product Right
- Electric Car Price Guide: every 2017 all-electric car, with specs (updated)
- Chattanooga launches one of first electric vehicle ride share programs in U.S.
- Apple's Making An Electric Car: Tesla's Musk Calls It 'Open Secret'
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid, Electric Models To Be Sold In 50 States
Plug-In Memphis News and Press Releases