Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure are coming
In 2006, the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Board of Commissioners and the Memphis City Council passed resolutions of support for the Plug-In Memphis Partners Campaign.
Plug-In Memphis and other Plug-In partners across the United States have met the goal of helping build a market for Plug-In Hybrid Electric and Electric vehicles (PHEVs). Through a collaborative effort with utilities, manufacturers, the technical and environmental communities and legislators, Partners have demonstrated to automakers that the market exists today for PHEVs and electric vehicles.
Stay abreast with new developments and legislation for Plug-Ins:
- Electric car economics are showing some sparks
- Obama Visits Detroit Auto Show, Checks Out Chevy Bolt EV Electric Car
- DOE Ups Investment in Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
- $8B and counting: DOE investing in energy storage, electric vehicles
- Ford Says Most Electric Vehicle Drivers Won't Go Back To Gas: Report
- UK to Test Wireless Charging for EVs
- Fuel Saving Tips for Electric Drive Vehicles Available
- Class 3 PHEV Truck Arrives from EDI
- Hyundai showcases Tucson PHEV concept at Geneva
- The new BMW X5 xDrive 40e Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Seven Things To Know About Buying a Plug-In Car
Plug-In Legislation and Incentives
- TDEC Electric Vehicle Rebate (UPDATED)
- When Do Electric-Car Tax Credits Expire? (UPDATED)
- State Efforts to Promote EVs and Hybrids
- Electric Vehicle Incentives Around the World
- IRS: Energy Incentives for Individuals: Questions and Answers (scroll down to see the EV questions)
- Federal and State: Laws and Incentives for Alternative Fuels and Vehicles
- Chattanooga launches one of first electric vehicle ride share programs in U.S.
- Apple's Making An Electric Car: Tesla's Musk Calls It 'Open Secret'
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid, Electric Models To Be Sold In 50 States
- Ford to invest $4.5bn in electric cars
- Report: Nearly half of EVs sold in California
- Georgia a leader in electric vehicles
- U.S. Air Force tests first All-Electric Vehicle-to-Grid Fleet in the Nation
- Why We Should Keep Charging Ahead on Electric Cars
- Illinois Route 66 gets electric charging stations
- China Offers Billions to Subsidize Electric Cars on Gas
- Chevrolet Brings First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations To Pepperdine University
- Will plug-in vehicles become the ultimate grid resource?
- BMW Sweeps Green Car of Year and Auto Tech of Year Awards
EV Events 2016
September 10-18, 2016
September 13-15, 2016
Novi, MI, USA
October 1-16, 2016
November 2-6, 2016
IET London: Savoy Place, London, England, UK
November 16-17, 2016
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- SAE 2016 Vehicle Electrification and Connected Vehicle Technology Forum
December 1-2, 2016
Check back for more updates on upcoming events!
Plug-In Memphis News and Press Releases